|Job Title:||Workshop Technician|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £32240.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren White|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2019|
Job Title Workshop Technician
Our client, one of the UK's leading Waste Management specialist's is looking for a Workshop Technician to join their established workshop in Merton.
As Workshop Technician you will be working with a small team of technicians ensuring that service, maintenance and repair work is completed on a modern fleet of commercial vehicles and mechanical sweepers
As Workshop Technician your responsibilities will be but not limited to;
- You will be responsible for inspecting and servicing all vehicles and plant equipment in line with industry standards and group fleet policy.
- Conducting equipment checks before use on all tools, lifting equipment, access equipment maintaining your work area free from hazards.
- Quarantine and report defective equipment and report any unsafe acts, hazards, defective equipment to your supervisor and maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- You will complete technical training when required, complete job cards and associated paper work in a timely manner and be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- You will also arrange the purchase of replacement parts, outside repair and other services, and report any unsafe or defective plant, tools, equipment, PPE, practices, methods or other hazards.
- You will undertake the diagnosis of vehicle and equipment faults; major component overhaul is a major aspect of this role plus you will also undertake regular safety monitoring of Workshop facilities and equipment.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be an experienced mechanical fitter/technician and have experience with HGV's. You will hold an LGV licence and have experience in use of diagnostic tools (TEXA, STAR, EASY etc.) You will have major component overhaul skills (Engine; Gearbox; Braking systems), specialist skills (Pneumatic; Welding; Hydraulics: Electrical systems) possess personal basic engineering tool kit
This role is Monday to Friday role with a 40-hour working week. Over time is available on rota.
How to Apply
This is a first-class opportunity to join one of the UK's leading specialists in the Waste services Industry. For more information please contact Lauren White on 02392 222 965, emailing your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.