Workshop & Field Service Engineer - National/International
|Job Title:||Workshop & Field Service Engineer - National/International|
|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Chris Smith|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2018 17:00|
Workshop & Field Service Engineer - Industrial Transmissions
Lancashire/Lincolnshire & National/International
Up to £30,000 + Overtime + Fuel Paid
Astute Technical Recruitment is working exclusively with a leading provider of industrial power transmissions systems looking for a Field and Workshop based Senior Service Engineer to join their growing team.
Serving in many different sectors within industrial engineering applications the Senior Service Engineer will be based from the company's workshops in the North Central/North West regions and travel across the UK and internationally to provide a first-rate customer service and attend to a broad range of engineering tasks including service, strip-down, overhaul, installations and more.
This is a rewarding opportunity for an ambitious Engineer looking to take their mechanical knowledge to the next level and specialise for a leading name in the industry.
- Strip and inspect gearboxes and make recommendations regarding the scope of repair required.
- Rebuild gearboxes to specification or following standard instructions.
- Identify areas of concern for customer works.
- Build up assemblies adjusting limits and fits.
- Liaise with customers in respect of technical issues.
- Inspect and overhaul equipment at customer sites in the UK and internationally.
- Requirement to work overtime and overnight stays.
- We are looking for a good all-round Mechanical Fitting background that will have been gained in heavy engineering; manufacturing, power generation, waste management, offshore and similar.
- Applicants must be willing to travel across the UK and abroad and possess a full UK driving licence.
- Ideally you will have specialised on industrial transmissions/rotating machinery however full training will be provided. Experience on steam turbines will be a plus.
- Applicants must be based in the Lancashire or Lincolnshire regions to commute to the company's workshops.
- Recognised Mechanical Engineering qualification or apprenticeship.
- Starting 25 days holiday increasing by 1 day after 3 years' service.
- 37.5 hours per week + overtime (x1.5 during the week, x2.0 on Sunday).
- Fuel paid, vehicle including for field service work.
- Double employee pension contribution.
Benefits to You
- Opportunity to work in a leadership role.
- Specialise in the industrial engineering sector and gain valuable training applicable to a range of industrial applications.
- Work independently and alongside a team of trained Fitters.
- Develop your career with a well-established, stable and growing company.
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com or call 02393 910 038 for more information.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + pension
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Company Benefits
Up to £26000.00 per annum + good package
Up to £37000.00 per annum + good package
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum