Working Supervisor - Roaming role - £28163;28.5k plus vehicle
|Job Title:||Working Supervisor - Roaming role - £28163;28.5k plus vehicle|
|Salary:||£26500.00 - £28500.00 per annum + Car and bonus|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||January 05, 2018 11:55|
Working Supervisor Waste Management - Bury Saint Edmunds
Location Covering multiple sites in Suffolk
Salary Up to £28.5k plus car and bonus
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste and Resource Management specialists, offering a full range of services, from the collection of municipal and commercial waste, the recycling and processing of such materials, to the to the production of green energy in their state of the art EFW facilities operating throughout the UK.
We're looking for a Working Supervisor with a HWRC / Transfer Station background to join their team covering the operations on a selection of HWRC / Transfer Stations throughout Suffolk. These are based at Bury St Edmunds, Foxhall and Lowestoft and a vehicle will be offered to travel between sites.
You will have complete responsibility and accountability for the efficient, safe and profitable running of the facilities across all areas and you will look to improve productivity, H&S and general performance across the Suffolk region.
Your key responsibilities will be
- To assist the Site Manager in controlling and coordinating the safe and efficient operation of the sites in accordance with management instructions, health & safety and legislative requirements laid down in working plans, site and company procedures, planning permissions, waste management licenses etc, including as a minimum ensuring personal compliance with the above.
- To be aware of, and conversant with, the relevant details of the Waste Management Licenses, Working Plans, risk assessments and safe working procedures, COSHH assessments, emergency procedures and other relevant health, safety & environmental documents, and employment legislation as directed by Contract Manager. Assist and support the Contracts Manager in raising standards associated with these requirements.
- To protect the Company's ability to trade by ensuring compliance with relevant legislation at all times and especially that concerning health and safety in the workplace and the 'Duty of Care'
- To manage plant and resources, including site operatives, to optimise the safe and productive operation of the facilities.
- To ensure operation of mobile plant in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with Group policies and procedures
- To ensure that all plant/equipment is operated, inspected and maintained in accordance with company and site rules and ensure that appropriate records are completed.
- To train and mentor site operatives and deal with performance management and disciplinary issues under guidance of the Contract Manager.
- To review and maintain site documentation as required by company and ISO standards.
- To be courteous to customers and client representatives at all times, providing exemplary customer service.
- To liaise and cooperate with the client's representatives regarding operations and compliance with the contract requirements and KPI's.
To be considered for our role you will need
- COTC Level 4
- Experience of working in a waste/logistic/transport/maintenance operation in a team leader/supervisor capacity
- Experience of operating and working with heavy plant
- Experience of working in an environment where safety has been given top priority
- Computer literate
- Good communication and numerate skills at all levels
- Familiar with weighbridge operation and systems - desirable
- Positive attitude to and able to demonstrate drive to improve health & safety and compliance
- Experienced in working in customer focused operation
- Management or supervisory skills preferred
- Excellent time keeping is essential
In return they can offer
Not only does this present you with a first-class opportunity to join on of the UK's most highly regarded Waste Specialist but you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package in line with a position of this seniority. For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Chris Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org call 02392 288214.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Vehicle and Plant Fitter
£12 - £16 per hour + Depending if PAYE or Ltd
North London, London
£37990.00 - £38000 per annum
North London, London
£30000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Up to £42000.00 per annum
Engineering Supervisor - Process Plant - Leicester - Up to 40k
£35000 - £40000 per annum