Wind Energy Analyst
|Job Title:||Wind Energy Analyst|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum + Company Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kate Tyrrell|
|Job Published:||April 05, 2019 13:45|
Wind Energy Analyst
Up to £50,000 DoE plus benefits
Based in either Hamburg or Swindon
We are looking to recruit a Wind Energy Analyst to support the Offshore Project function within the Asset Optimisation Team. Providing technical support as a Wind Energy Analyst throughout the complete lifecycle of offshore windfarm projects, this is an exciting opportunity to be apart of a rapidly growing Industry.
Our Client is proud to be at the forefront of shaping the landscape of energy supply, investing heavily into research and development of innovative solutions to challenge modern methods and secure a more sustainable eco system. A leader in the Wind Industry, total assets operate over 3.5GW power in Offshore projects and now they are looking to optimise and create maximum efficiency on current assets and structuring proposals for future investments.
As a Wind Energy Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting due diligence analysis on wind resource, energy yield, project capacities, turbine layout and suitability of sites and proposed wind turbines, especially in new markets.
- Independent analysis of potential wind energy for a given offshore site
- Modelling of wind flow offshore and energy yield production estimates, including the quantification of uncertainties and identification of risks.
- Support in the design and optimization of turbine layouts and the optimization projects towards the levelized cost of electricity (LCOE).
- Plausibility checks of results and reports delivered by external 3rd parties and contractors.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Masters or Diploma degree in Meteorology, Aeronautics or Astronautics, Mathematics, Natural Sciences or Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in wind resource assessment and modelling of windfarm energy production according to industry standards and best practices.
- Experience in wind turbine layout design/optimization and site assessment is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in programming languages is a plus.
- German language skills would be advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Pioneering Leader in the Wind Energy Sector! Offering a competitive salary up to £50,000 depending on experience, plus benefits including 25 Days annual leave, Bonus up to 15%, generous pension, life insurance and healthcare packages.
If you would like to apply for this Wind Energy Analyst role, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Planner - Offshore Wind
£40000 - £49000 per annum + benefits
Senior Planner - Offshore Wind
£45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits
Internal Recruitment Specialist - Onshore Wind
Remote Support Engineer - Onshore Wind
Electrical Technician - Onshore Wind Huntingdon