Waste Transfer Station Chemist
|Job Title:||Waste Transfer Station Chemist|
|Location:||Knottingley, West Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||August 07, 2017 15:03|
JOB TITLE Site Chemist
LOCATION Knottingley, West Yorkshire
SALARY Competitive salary & great benefits package
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually. With their efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste they manage they are currently able to recycle 60% of that waste.
They are looking to recruit a Site Chemist to join their team in Knottingley, West Yorkshire on a 6-month Fixed Term contract to cover Maternity Leave.
As the Site Chemist, your role will be to carry out inspection, analysis and routing for incoming wastes and to assist the Waste Transfer Station (WTS) Manager in the safe, compliant and efficient operation and development of the Waste Transfer Station.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
* To provide technical guidance and supervision to WTS operators regarding processing of waste.
* Assist in co-ordinating the activities of WTS Operators as appropriate so as to ensure safe and productive working.
* To ensure stock rotation and controls comply with all permit requirements.
* To provide 'hands on' assistance on site wherever necessary.
* To assist in ensuring appropriate process monitoring and to seek advice on process / regulatory issues as appropriate, the emphasis being on compliance with the Environment Agency Permit.
* To assist in the control of commercial aspects of the treatment facility.
* To ensure that the most appropriate disposal route is used for maximum profitability.
* To assist the site management team in ensuring compliance with the Company's Health and Safety and business systems policies.
* To ensure relevant records are maintained and adherence to systems and procedures.
* To maintain the highest standards of housekeeping.
* To produce any reports for the management as requested.
* Any other reasonable duty as requested by the management.
Other Essential Skills:
* Ability to liaise with all areas of the business
* Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required. SAP is a desirable skill but training will be provided if required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
* Problem solving and decisiveness
* Results focus
- A transfer station background would be a distinct advantage
- FLT license
- Good knowledge of the available treatment options across the site and the ability to route waste to different outlets
- Good understanding of IPPC and the ability to interpret and meet all the legislative requirements of the site permit
Competitive salary plus great benefits package including discretionary bonus, pension, death in service scheme.
If you would like apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 92 222 964 and speak to Don.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£110 - £19400.00 per annum
£28000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
West Malling, Kent
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Car
West Sussex, England
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum