Waste Services Manager
|Job Title:||Waste Services Manager|
|Salary:||£40000 - £42000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Roxanne Wharton|
|Job Published:||June 09, 2017 10:51|
Job Title Waste Services Manager - Bracknell - Up to £42k+
Location Bracknell - Commercial
Salary Up to £42k
Our client is a regional waste management company with over 60 years experience. They are long established and family owned business looking to expand their team. A great opportunity to join a growing company with great benefits and career progression.
About the role
An excellent opportunity has just been created for a Waste Service Manager to join our clients based in Bracknell. As a waste service manager, you will be responsible for recruitment and management of Transport Co-ordinators, Customer Sales Co-ordinators, Customer Sales Administrators, Sales Executives and waste services drivers and operational staff.
Our client has a strong reputation for providing a first-class customer service and they are looking for like-minded individuals with an understanding of logistics / transportation / waste collection and a real focus on quality and customer satisfaction.
What will be expected of you
You will lead a small co-ordination team to maximise the day to day operations of the Depot. This will involve working closely with the drivers and sales team to ensure the collections route is operating efficiently and as a business they are providing a fast and effective service, in line with their client's expectations. The following form a major part of the role itself:
- Ensure Quality, Health, Safety and Environment remains the number one priority within the transport operation, for both the employees and general public.
- Ensure all regulatory obligations, and fleet compliance, are adhered to.
- Manage and engage the transport staff and drivers. Bringing out the best in your staff and focusing heavily on customer satisfaction.
- Provide clear and accurate reporting of the operational business performance, addressing areas of improvement and driving overall performance of the depot upwards.
- Ensure that the drivers daily debrief process is adhered to, and all safety concerns and near misses are reported and closed off within the company's agreed timescales.
Experience you will need to demonstrate
It is expected that the successful individual will have a proven track record in the transportation or logistics field, and an understanding of commercial waste collection would be advantageous. You will ideally be able to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent experience.
- Good IT literacy
- Strong commercial understanding of waste recycling
- Ideally have national CPC in Road haulage, WAMITAB, NEBOSH or IOSH qualifications.
- Experience working within waste recycling transfer stations.
What they can offer in return
Working within an independent family owned business with brilliant benefits and career progression.
There is an excellent Salary plus Benefits package plus Bonus for the right candidate
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to email@example.com or phone 023 92 222 965 and speak to Roxanne.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Transport Manager
£15 - £20 per hour
Maintenance Manager - Essex - £50K
Up to £50000.00 per annum
Demolition Manager - Bracknell - £50K
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Commercial Manager - PRNs, Trading & Analytics - £35k
Logistics and Compliance Manager - West Sussex - £41K
West Sussex, England
£37000.00 - £41000.00 per annum