Waste Operations Attendant
|Job Title:||Waste Operations Attendant|
|Location:||Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire|
|Salary:||Up to £21000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||May 08, 2019 13:56|
Waste Operations Attendant
We are currently recruiting for a Waste Operations Attendant to join one of the leaders in Energy, Waste and Energy from Waste solutions across the Midlands. Our client is looking for an experienced Waste Operations Attendant to join an established team at their Household Waste Recycling Centre based in Stoke-on-Trent. Working as the Waste Operations Attendant, you will be responsible for supporting the site operational teams in the delivery of efficient and effective day to day operations as well as monitoring activities on-site to ensure compliance with site permits and regulations, whilst maximising the segregation of wastes delivered for recycling.
Reporting to the HWRC Site Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Work collaboratively with the Site Manager and Council Representatives to identify any site misuse or issues.
- Act as the on-site security by contributing, supporting and applying any prohibitions on site and implement agreed systems for controlling, monitoring and recording actual or potential misuse.
- Maintain a basic knowledge of legislation relating to wastes and recycling to maintain all operations on site.
- Ensure that proper direction and guidance is given to all site users to maximise the segregation of recyclable materials.
- Ensure that site rules, policies and procedures are followed at all times and ensure routine checks are carried out on vehicles using the site.
- Verify and validate vehicle permits issued for use of the site together whilst monitoring and regulating access by hired vans.
- Contribute to the resolution of any issues arising during day to day operations.
- Promptly report any issues concerning staff, premises, members of the public, and any other site users that have the potential to breach the site policies and procedures.
- Carry out daily inspections/patrols of the site perimeter to ensure that the facility is secure with only authorised site users on the premises.
To be considered for this position, candidates will be expected to have:
- Demonstrable experience working in a Security/Security guarding role.
- A good understanding of the waste management industry and the legislations/policies within this.
- Ability to enforce Site/Company rules in potentially difficult situations when dealing with members of the public.
- Confidently able to communicate effectively at all levels with members of the public, team members and management.
- Able to react calmly and logically under pressure or in response to changing circumstances.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary of £21,400
- Full training on-site
- Opportunity to progress a career within the Waste Industry
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£18200 - £18236 per annum
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Landfill Compliance Manager
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Up to £32000.00 per annum