|Job Title:||Warranty Manager - Power Generation|
|Location:||Margam, Neath Port Talbot|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + car allowance + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jane Walsh|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2019|
Warranty Manager - Power Generation
£45,000 - £50,000 + car allowance + benefits
Port Talbot, Wales
We are currently recruiting a Warranty Manager to work at a new build biomass power station near Port Talbot in Wales. The Warranty Manager will be responsible for dealing with claims from the client, in relation to equipment failures/issues, and ensuring this equipment is taken through the guarantee period successfully.
What will I be doing?
Typical duties of the Warranty Manager will include:
- Working with the O&M Plant Manager assisting with defect rectification in a proactive manner to minimise and reduce the number of warranty claims from the client.
- Dealing with the claims from the client relating to plant equipment failures
- Investigating the claim and ensuring it is valid according to the contract then dealing with this claim appropriately by proposing a solution and carrying this out
- Taking part in onsite inspections and investigations
- Contacting local suppliers and hiring of personnel e.g. welders, fitters, scaffolders etc.
- Liaising with various stakeholders e.g. client, consultants, authorities etc.
- Travelling overseas for quarterly meetings
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A relevant engineering qualification at HND/HNC level, preferably in a mechanical discipline.
- At least 4 years of industry experience in the power generation sector ideally at Engineer/Team Leader level in an operations or maintenance role
- A good understanding of processes and procedures associated with servicing, maintenance or installation of mechanical equipment found on a power station
- Ability to understand contractual relationships
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- The ability to motivate and explain jobs to suppliers and other stakeholders involved
- A full UK driving licence is required for this role as it involves travel to other sites as well as occasional travel overseas
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A basic salary between £45,000 - £50,000
- A car allowance of £5,000
- A performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
- Life assurance benefits
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02393 910 039 and speak to Jane who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.