|Job Title:||Vehicle Workshop Technician|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||July 14, 2017|
Job Title Workshop Technician
Location Southend on Sea
Salary Competitive Hourly Rates plus benefits
About Veolia - We are resourcing the world
We manufacture green products and green energy using waste, waste water and wasted heat as a resource mine. We provide tailored solutions for industry or municipalities to help them save and preserve resources.
We are working hard to create a future in which end-of-life resources are transformed into products that enrich our lives and can power our homes and industry. The circular economy already represents 20% of our turnover and we are constantly developing innovative ways to develop access to, preserve and replenish resources.
To achieve our vision; we focus on creating a team with a diverse range of talent that operates in a safe, innovative and sustainable environment in order to promote the green economy and build new markets.
About the role;
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Commercial vehicle Technician to join the Veolia fleet team, based in Southend on Sea, to plan and supervise the maintenance of a mixed fleet of vehicles. You will be required to observe all rules and appropriate operating procedures and instructions.
- Interact and work as a team with other workshop Staff.
- Schedule the planned servicing and inspection of vehicles and equipment to Company standards and procedures.
- Arrange the purchase of replacement parts, outside repair and other services.
- Report any unsafe or defective plant, tools, equipment, PPE, practices, methods or other hazards
- Undertake diagnosis of vehicle and equipment faults, major component overhaul.
- To undertake regular safety monitoring of Workshop facilities and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
- Good supervisory skills
- Time served HGV Mechanic
- LGV Class C Licence
- Skilled in Diagnosis and overhaul of components
- Good standard of administration
Veolia supports the principle of Equality & Diversity in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.