Vehicle Workshop Technician
|Job Title:||Vehicle Workshop Technician|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||July 14, 2017 15:24|
Job Title Workshop Technician
Location Southend on Sea
Salary Competitive Hourly Rates plus benefits
About Veolia - We are resourcing the world
We manufacture green products and green energy using waste, waste water and wasted heat as a resource mine. We provide tailored solutions for industry or municipalities to help them save and preserve resources.
We are working hard to create a future in which end-of-life resources are transformed into products that enrich our lives and can power our homes and industry. The circular economy already represents 20% of our turnover and we are constantly developing innovative ways to develop access to, preserve and replenish resources.
To achieve our vision; we focus on creating a team with a diverse range of talent that operates in a safe, innovative and sustainable environment in order to promote the green economy and build new markets.
About the role;
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Commercial vehicle Technician to join the Veolia fleet team, based in Southend on Sea, to plan and supervise the maintenance of a mixed fleet of vehicles. You will be required to observe all rules and appropriate operating procedures and instructions.
- Interact and work as a team with other workshop Staff.
- Schedule the planned servicing and inspection of vehicles and equipment to Company standards and procedures.
- Arrange the purchase of replacement parts, outside repair and other services.
- Report any unsafe or defective plant, tools, equipment, PPE, practices, methods or other hazards
- Undertake diagnosis of vehicle and equipment faults, major component overhaul.
- To undertake regular safety monitoring of Workshop facilities and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
- Good supervisory skills
- Time served HGV Mechanic
- LGV Class C Licence
- Skilled in Diagnosis and overhaul of components
- Good standard of administration
Veolia supports the principle of Equality & Diversity in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Vehicle and Plant Fitter
£12 - £16 per hour + Depending if PAYE or Ltd
Shift Electrical Technician - Heavy Industrial Plant
Crawley, West Sussex
£35000 - £38000 per annum + benefits
LGV Technician / Mechanic - Leicester - Up to £35k
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
North London, London
Up to £35000 per annum
Electrician - Shift
North London, London
Up to £35000.00 per annum