Unix Support Engineer
|Job Title:||Unix Support Engineer|
|Salary:||£350 - £400 per day|
|Contact Name:||Paul Martin|
|Job Published:||October 22, 2018 14:39|
Unix Support Engineer required to resolve operational problems rapidly and proactively improve the client's Unix/Linux, Storage, and Virtualisation environments.
What we'd like you to do…
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of Linux-based infrastructure services - especially operational tickets fulfilling customer support requests. Common requests include building VMware-based Ubuntu VMs, Ubuntu support, certificate renewals, supporting NetApp storage.
- Create and maintain quality documentation and records.
What we look for...
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving with a sense of ownership.
- In-depth experience with at least one of the following technologies in a large-scale 24x7 environment:
- Unix / Linux
- VMware ESX
- NetApp or similar
- Automation skills with Python or Bash scripting
- Extensive troubleshooting experience
- Understanding of networking (e.g. TCP/IP, network topologies and hardware)
- Experience of Tomcat / Glassfish, FAI, Puppet deployments.
- Exposure to Agile, DevOps, or SRE patterns.
- ITIL process awareness.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Coventry, West Midlands
£20 - £25 per hour + Ltd Rate
Multiskilled Shift Maintenance Engineer
£33000 - £36000 per annum
Regional Maintenance Engineer - CHP
car + bonus
Electrical Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Product Development Engineer - Steam Turbines
£37000 - £41000 per annum + Pension + Life Insurance