UK Claims Manager
|Job Title:||UK Claims Manager|
|Location:||North Lanarkshire, Scotland|
|Contact Name:||Greg Storey|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2019 14:32|
UK Claims Manager - Contract role
6 months contract
Rate - Negotiable
UK wide role
Our client is an equipment supplier to the UK Energy from Waste market. They are looking for an experienced contract Claims Manager to support negotiation and settlement of claims from EPC contractors. The Claims Manager must be familiar with typical forms of contract used in the UK construction industry and experienced in reviewing and assessing construction related claims from perspective of contractual merits and quantum. The candidate must have several years Mechanical/Electrical construction related claims experience ideally with a QS or Project Management background in an EPC environment.
The workload will involve the following:
- Carrying out detailed contractual review of erection contractor claims based on delay, disruption and additional costs generated at site to assess a true settlement value.
- Review of contractual merits of claims and quantum.
- Developing supporting arguments for negotiation and settlement of claims and preparation for adjudication.
- Interaction with project management team to understand factual basis behind claims.
- Drafting responses to claims and setting out counter claims
- Co-ordination with internal legal team.
The successful candidate would work from home but could expect to make some visits to the companies European Business HQ and US execution centre.
If you are interested in this challenging role, then please contact Greg Storey on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02392 222 966.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Unit Manager - Waste Management - Plastic
£24 - £60000.00 per annum
Plant Engineer - Days - Essex
Up to £40000.00 per annum
Plant Engineer - Nights - Essex
£42000 - £46000 per annum