|Job Title:||Transport Controller - Waste Management - Cheshire|
|Salary:||£22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren White|
|Job Published:||May 3, 2019|
Job Title: Transport Controller
Salary: £25,000 DOE.
Our client, a global leader in environmental solutions who provides a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services throughout the UK is looking for a Transport Controller to join their established team in Cheshire
As Transport Controller, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective management if the Traffic and Transport function ensuring full compliance with safe working practices and company operations.
Your duties will include but not be limited too;
- Responsible for responding and receiving customer order enquires and bookings with regards to the organisation of waste collection
- Liaise with Disposal points for the collection and booking of special/difficult waste collections
- Resolve operational matters with customers directly via the telephone or site visits and manage H&S at the front line via regular debrief contact with crews, site visits and training
- Ensure that the business is compliant with O licence obligations to present vehicles for service, record and monitor, rectify defects, download tachograph and provide tachograph counselling
- To support operational performance in terms of safety and customer service of the Transport Department, in line with Company policy and procedures managing sickness, paperwork completion.
- Cost effective routing of vehicles to maximise fuel/mileage efficiency and minimise overtime working, and to help maximise profit.
- Collating relevant information for monthly Key Performance Indicator [KPI] and data reports to track budget, invoice and performance targets
As the ideal candidate you will have an awareness of transport legislation - drivers hours, tachograph compliance, good geographical knowledge of the North West area and have previous experience in the management of drivers and workloads
As the ideal candidate you will have previous people management experience and a knowledge of the local area.
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Lauren White at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392222965.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.