|Job Title:||Test Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £13.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Sara Nash|
|Job Published:||October 1, 2019|
6 Months- Rolling contract
£13 Per Hour PAYE
My client enables the world's leading industrial companies and scientific research communities to image, analyse and manipulate materials down to the atomic and molecular level. Within their Plasma Technology business, they provide tools for the engineering of micro- and nano-structures, with customers using their process solutions to research and produce materials and semiconductors vital for everything from medical devices and diagnostics, to electric cars and quantum computers
Deliver fully tested products in line with test procedures issued and maintained by Manufacturing Engineering Team. Ensuring product complies with established standards and specifications. Take ownership for tools allocated ensuring quality is maintained, schedules are achieved and efficiency targets met across a range of products
- Deliver a fully functional tested product, strictly following the test procedures issued by the Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Take ownership for product allocated to them and proactively seek resolution of issues as they arise
- Ensure test procedures are strictly and efficiently adhered to and that all documentation is fully completed and signed off in line with responsibility / accountability boundaries
- Ensuring all test documentation is completed and accurately supports test results
- Consistently deliver against target times
- Actively support test time reduction through CI principles.
- Drive improved product quality through data capture (FRACAS), ensuring faults are accurately reported and provide adequate detail to support analysis and effective corrective action.
- Proactively support the Test Team Leader to achieve on time delivery against manufacturing plan
- Support initiatives to improve quality, Health & Safety, build / test cleanliness and 5S within the test department and associated areas
- Support continuous improvement initiatives within the Team aimed towards reducing manufacturing costs whilst improving product quality
- Support the Team Leader and take the lead where appropriate to maintain a clean and safe working environment by ensuring the workplace is consistent with the company's health and safety policy.
- Support Customer acceptance visits as identified by Team Leader. Provide a point of contact within the team during the visit
- Escalate issues to Test Team Leader / Lead Test Engineers or in their absence the Production Manager as required.
- Actively promote 5S principles within the test department
- May be required from time to time to visit customers sites to support install /commissioning of systems
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably requested by the Company
- Time served electrical apprenticeship or City & Guilds part 3.
- Ideally qualified to HNC/HND level or equivalent (electrical).
Professional Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to strictly follow test procedures and accurately report test results against established standards
- Capable of accurate and speedy diagnosis of faults to component level.
- Vacuum and R.F. experience would be beneficial.
- Understands quality and Health and Safety implications of test procedures.
- Able to investigate and analyse problems and suggest solutions.
- IT literate
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.