|Job Title:||Technical Support Engineer|
|Salary:||£8 - £10 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Appleby|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2018|
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Contract Length: 6 Months (Initially)
I am seeking a Technical Support Engineer to assist the Technical Support team of an Energy Company around the Winchester area.
During this role, successful applicants will be expected to provide support to internal and external customers including; Clients and Customers. Support will often be provided over the phone.
Within this role you will be expected to be involved in training customers to use the electrical products supplied, using training aids such as demonstration boards.
Duties will include;
- Answer support telephone calls and record information in the technical call logging software (Jira).
- Aid customers over the phone using the technical information and manuals provided in the technical support drive.
- Assemble and test demonstration boards (some mechanical assembly skills required).
- Read meters remotely using the various software packages used in technical support.
- Occasional test work, following a test procedure and recording results.
This role is entirely office based out of Winchester.
Applicants with Electrical Experience will be highly regarded in the selection process for this role for example; candidates holding an NVQ or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering will be highly considered.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your expected rate to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 208 and ask to speak with Ashley who can discuss more information with you.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.