|Job Title:||Technical Specialist - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||£38000 - £42000 per annum + pension, medical, life assurance|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||September 29, 2017|
Technical Specialist - Energy from Waste
£38,000 - £42,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Specialist to join a brand-new recycling and energy from waste power generation facility in the Cheshire area. This plant processes 120,000 tonnes of waste per year to produce 5MW of electricity as well as recyclable materials and other products through a mechanical sorting process. You will provide technical support to the local O&M team on larger mechanical issues and control system difficulties.
Reporting to the Mobilisation & Operations Support Team Leader you will be responsible for:
- Initiating RCA (root cause analysis) of plant and process performance issues and managing technical solutions
- Providing support to the local O&M team on SCADA / control system issues
- Liaise with engineers overseas and the local O&M team to discuss plant improvements and issues on site
- Provide commissioning support to the project and O&M team
- Provide training to the O&M team on SCADA systems and other plant
- Provide technical support for future company projects
Although this role is Cheshire based an element of travel would be involved from time to time working across various company assets.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC in mechanical/mechatronic/marine engineering
- At least 4 years' experience in a maintenance/engineering role in a heavy process industry or in marine engineering. This could be steel works, waste recycling plant, pharmaceutical facility, chemical plant. Royal Navy Marine Engineers (LET / PO level) would also suit
- Experience with commissioning and maintenance tasks on large process equipment e.g. conveyors, motors, gearboxes, valves, pipework etc.
- Experience working with control systems (Siemens PCS7 ideally) including operating, troubleshooting and optimisation
- A flexible approach to working times/patterns
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Technical Specialist vacancy as follows:
- A competitive starting salary of circa £40,000 depending on experience
- A competitive company pension
- 4x life assurance
- Other benefits including medical & dental
- Excellent holidays
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector on a state of the art plant
How do I apply...
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 and ask to speak with Steve Utton who can discuss more information with you.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.