Technical Manager - South
|Job Title:||Technical Manager - South|
|Location:||High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
|Contact Name:||Mark Smith|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2016 08:53|
Technical Manager - South (Offsite Engineering) -
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
My client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Technical Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to advance your water industry career in a fast moving, forward thinking organization in the growth phase of development, backed by major Water Industry players.
Construction in the UK Water Industry is evolving. Government, regulators and our clients are demanding ever greater efficiencies for cost, programme, health and safety and embodied carbon. These drivers demand a different, smarter approach to traditional site construction. The future is a delivery philosophy based on Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) complemented by emerging BIM technologies.
Key elements of the job will include:
- Identify DfMA opportunities by working with various stakeholders
- Understand and develop DfMA opportunities and develop DfMA plans
- Communication with a wide range of stakeholders
- Writing and project managing Professional Service Contracts (PSC's)
- Stakeholder engagement
- Regional based DfMA technical support for our clients design and delivery teams
- Client collaboration to unlock DfMA opportunities
- Assist production of project DfMA plans to define a clear construction philosophy
- Develop the meps DfMA opportunity pipeline
- Harvest and recycle best practice DfMA examples from across the UK.
- Promote embedment of DfMA thinking as "Business as Usual" within the regions
- Identify and communicate key regional DfMA stakeholders
- Promote client service excellence through effective stakeholder management
- Support meps DfMA business strategy and planning
- Identify DfMA blockers and develop enabling strategies to lead positive change
- Harness effective communication strategies and networking within regions
- Maintain a positive approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
Driven and willing to learn and develop
Good communication skills
Willing to travel as defined by the role
Engineering Experience (preferably Mech)
Willing to travel
Experience of working with a range of stakeholders
Water Industry Experience
Off Site Assembly Experience
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, please call Mark Smith on 02392 222 964 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment / AstuteJobs are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £50000 per annum
£35000 - £45000 per annum
£35000 - £50000.00 per annum
Compliance & Policy Manager
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Health and Safety Manager
£30000 - £32000.00 per annum