|Job Title:||Technical Manager|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2019 17:49|
Hazardous Waste Management
Up to £40,000
Our client, a global leader in environmental solutions who provides a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services throughout the UK is looking for a Technical Manager to join their established team at their recovery facility in Liverpool. Working as the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for managing a comprehensive team in the recovery of hazardous waste materials and will oversee a team of 3 site chemists, providing training and support in relation to the on-site operations and the larger team of 20+.
Working as the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for…
- Ensuring that the hazardous waste recovery site operates profitably and in compliance with all relevant legislation and quality policies.
- Provide technical evaluation, QHSE and budgetary considerations of incoming samples and outgoing products.
- Manage a dynamic team of 3 analytical chemists in the testing, verification and analysis of inbound and outbound waste for legal and quality purposes.
- Manage the laboratory facilities, and direct reports on all technical aspects of site operation.
- Assist the inception, design and production of pilot plant activities through to production.
- Monitor and develop projects to continuously improve the site performance with clear outputs of day to day processing cost, yields and wastes and improvement opportunities.
- You will be responsible for managing P&L accounts for the laboratory operations, understanding the commercial importance of the operations.
To be considered for this position, you will be expected to have a degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with a background working in a chemical or hazardous waste environment managing a team.
Candidates are also expected to have a solid understanding of the correlation between the laboratory and production plant and have worked in a senior role that has taken you outside of the lab' environment. You will have strong analytical, planning and organisational skills and have experience in dealing with regulatory bodies, such as HSE & EA.
A firm understanding of health and safety legislation with either a NEBOSH or IOSH certificate would be beneficial as well as previous experience working in Solvent Recovery, Hazardous Waste, Manufacturing or Production background.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary up to £40,000
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Competitive Package
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 222 964.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Up to £45000.00 per annum
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Organics Recycling Manager
Durham, County Durham
£30000 - £35000 per annum
National Key Account Manager
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum