|Job Title:||Technical Manager|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Contact Name:||Samantha Lancashire|
|Job Published:||October 05, 2017 11:10|
12 Month Contract
Our Client is a leading recycling, renewable energy and resource management company with operating sites across the UK. They are committed to creating and delivering value for their customers and stakeholders.
As Technical Manager you will be providing operational oversight of landfill gas operations by defining and upholding best practice, operational and maintenance standards, analysing performance and optimising landfill gas collection and control.
In this role, you would be covering the whole of the UK, dealing with over 30 sites. The base location of the successful candidate would need to be close to a regional hub.
- Driving forward improvements to operational standards and best practice (including operation and maintenance)
- To oversee the development of strategic, tactical and asset management plans for LFG collection systems to improve performance and reduce cost
- To optimise the performance of LFG collection and control through the development and use of KPIs
- Ensuring all in house and externally contracted environmental monitoring work is carried out in a timely manner and in line with site permits
- To oversee the commissioning of the design and construction of LFG collection systems, by setting out requirements in Client Briefs
- Overseeing the production and management of Action Plans in response to specific LFG related compliance risks and performance issues
- High level liaison with the national regulator representing the Company and driving forward best practice and improved regulation.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- You will have an excellent understanding of the operation and technical aspects of landfill engineering
- Practical understanding of LFG management and control including infrastructure design and installation
- Knowledge of the environmental and regulatory risks associated with landfill management through the operational and aftercare stages
- Extensive experience of managing technical teams providing operation and maintenance services primarily related to LFG collection and control
- Proven track record of the successful compliance management and optimisation of LFG collection and control
- Experience in landfill engineering, particularly LFG collection systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong leadership qualities
- Full UK driving licence
- IOSH Managing Safely would be desirable for this role
If you are interested in finding out more you can call Samantha on 02393 910026 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Technical Manager
£45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits
Technical Manager IT Services
Up to £50000.00 per annum
£20000.00 - £23000.00 per annum
Technical Support Engineer
£28000 - £30000 per annum + benefits
Up to £30000 per annum + benefits