|Job Title:||Technical Director|
|Location:||Haywards Heath, West Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Mark Smith|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2016 08:54|
Salary - £55,000 - £65,000
- Lead and direct the delivery of a range of civil engineering and environmental projects to the highest technical standards.
- Demonstrate leadership in a contractual, commercial and technical risk management context.
You will primarily provide design and construction management expertise, and technical review, support of flood risk projects for the office, the AG and UK. Reporting directly to the Advisory Group Director, the role is expected to contribute to the delivery of increased turnover within public and private sector markets in the South East. A key aspect of the role will be to contribute to the growth and development of the water's edge infrastructure and water security business across the UK.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excel in project management, project direction, and technical review across the Water UK N&S HH and UK portfolio with an expected fee earning utilisation of 80%;
- Provide expert witness, construction management/supervision and contract administration expertise;
- Actively develop and promote excellence in the technical quality of our designs and deliverables across the team;
- Lead proposals and other tender activity;
- Bring expertise and market knowledge to generate new sales in both the public and private sectors with a focus within the South region;
- Support the development of the water security and water's edge infrastructure business;
- Support the growth and development of the team;
- Promote the team internally and externally;
- Provide leadership across commercial, contractual and management activities;
- Be flexible to travel around a number of UK and international locations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer via MICE or CIWEM with significant post-qualification experience
- Awareness of civil engineering industry procedures and best practice
- Excellent commercial understanding and technical track record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, car allowance, discretionary company bonus, Health and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy.
If you would like to hear more about this position, then please feel free to call Mark Smith on 02392 222 964 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Electrical Engineer
£46250.00 - £47250 per annum + Car, Pension
Mechanical Site Supervisor
£28000 - £33000 per annum
Electrical Maintenance Technician - Water
£29000 - £32500 per annum + Overtime, Call Out, Van
Mechanical Site Engineer