|Job Title:||Technical Buyer|
|Salary:||Up to £300 per day|
|Contact Name:||Saleh Sattar|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2019 16:53|
£300 per day (Ltd Company rate)
6 month contract
Astute Technical Recruitment are seeking a Technical Buyer to work with a client who are heavily involved within the Nuclear sector with a specific focus on fusion power. The focus of the role will be a focus on the procurement across a range of mechanical and electrical components which are to be used in the client's proprietary product.
An ideal candidate would come from a highly technical work background (scientific, automotive, aerospace etc) where they would have not only have been responsible for procurement activities but also setting strategic direction around the supply chain.
Key duties would include:
- Taking responsibility for end to end purchasing around technical/engineering requirements
- Proactively imparting commercial knowledge to the implementation of supply chain processes
- Negotiate framework contracts to improve terms of business with existing and prospective suppliers
- Assess and evaluate suppliers to manage performance and ensure contractual compliance
- Being proactive in contacting suppliers in order to resolve issues ranging from price to invoicing
- Travel overseas as might be required for company business
To be considered for the you would be required to have:
- Demonstrable experience in an engineering purchasing role
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of relevant supply chain, purchasing and sourcing strategies
- Demonstarble experience of supply chain development and optimisation
- Ideally be MCIPS qualified.
To find out more about this role, please call Saleh on 02392 288209 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's