Technical Assessment Chemist - Hazardous Waste - Wendesbury
|Job Title:||Technical Assessment Chemist - Hazardous Waste - Wendesbury|
|Location:||Wednesbury, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£22000 - £25000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||September 04, 2018 15:36|
Job Title Technical Assessment Chemist - Wednesbury - Hazardous Waste
Salary £24k, plus excellent benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management specialist providing collection, recycling, treatment, disposal and technologically driven energy generation services across four operating divisions. They provide full collection and recycling facilities across the UK dealing with a broad selection of waste and are looking for a Chemist to help support the Hazardous Waste team in Wednesbury.
About the role
Our client are looking for a Technical Assessment Chemist working as part of their Hazardous Waste collections business based at Wednesbury. This is an office-based role where you will be dealing with a range of technical waste inquiries from both the technical sales team and customers direct, providing a safe and effective means of dealing with both hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
Your duties will include
- Reviewing and accurately assessing wastes according to current and future guidance and legislation.
- Liaising with internal and external laboratories and the sales team where sample analysis is required.
- Meeting/greeting customers face to face when they are delivering samples to site itself.
- Identifying, classifying and labelling waste materials and assisting customers to identify the correct EWC Codes.
- Processing data from various types of lab reports on liquid and solid wastes, including WAC tests and MSDS's.
- Applying EPR Permit conditions and Waste Acceptance Criteria as required
- Processing all necessary documentation for transfers and ensuring that all the correct relevant paperwork is in place at the pre-acceptance stage.
- Arranging for the collection and analysis of samples when required.
- To provide group wide technical / operational support to the commercial and operational teams with respect the classification of waste.
To be considered for the role you will need
- HND / Degree in Chemistry or a related discipline.
- Some knowledge of the current non-hazardous and hazardous waste regulations essential; previous experience in waste management, wastewater treatment, chemical manufacturing, effluent treatment, laboratory services or similar would be of interest.
- Previous roles may include Site Chemist, Hazpak Chemist, Waste Transfer Station Chemist, Waste / Water Treatment Chemist, Bench Chemist, etc.
- A good understanding of ADR regulations and the ability to classify waste for transport would be desirable.
- Competent in the use of IT.
- Able to deal with customers competently and effectively.
What's on offer to you
This opening presents a first-class opportunity to join the global leader in Waste Management and Environmental solutions, becoming an integral part of the Hazardous Waste team. In return they can offer a competitive salary and package, with excellent career development opportunities.For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Chris Jones at or call 02392 288214.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £18700 per annum
Graduate Environmental Scientist
£20000 - £21000 per annum
Up to £36000 per annum
City of London, London
Up to £35000.00 per annum + car bonus
Maintenance Technician - Electrical
Up to £34000.00 per annum