Systems Engineer - SC Cleared
|Job Title:||Systems Engineer - SC Cleared|
|Salary:||£40 - £45 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Paul Martin|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2017 10:37|
3 Month Contract Initially
£40 - £45 Per Hour
Our Client is looking for an SC Cleared Systems Engineer to work on an initial 3-month contract basis. The Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering support to Systems Projects. The Systems Engineer will operate as a key member of the project team bringing experience in safety/systems engineering to the team. The Systems Engineer will also support bid work by scoping the systems engineering tasks for the proposed work.
- Supporting the engineering team to provide the best solutions for the customer base.
- Produce concise and accurate technical reports, requirements specifications and associated documentation as required to meet the specific needs of the project.
- Support the safety/systems technical authority in the business area for the proposed solutions and be prepared to justify safety/systems solutions to senior management, the customer and ultimately the regulator, the Health and Safety Executives Office of Nuclear Regulation (ONR).
- The review and verification of technical reports, drawings and designs for safety/ systems, functionality and compliance with ONR Safety Assessment Principles (SAPs).
- Supporting the delivery of safety/system solutions to the customer to the right quality on time and to agreed costs.
- To provide technical support to project managers on systems engineering issues.
- To provide systems engineering subject matter expertise to represent the business with customers, suppliers and other industry groups, including presenting work and concepts in appropriate public forums.
- To ensure all work in this area is carried out ethically, safely and in accordance with the relevant standards and best practice within the nuclear industry.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- SC Cleared
- Degree qualified engineer, preferably in electrical/electronic engineering or IT/computer systems.
- Chartered Engineer with membership (or working towards membership) of a relevant institution would be an advantage.
- Experience of safety/systems engineering or design and in a safety regulated industry.
- Knowledge of safety system design in accordance with IEC 61508 or similar safety standards (IEC 61513, IEC 61226).
- Good knowledge of systems engineering processes, standards and methodologies (e.g., IEC 15288, UML).
- Good knowledge of systems engineering tools such as DOORS, EA, Teamwork.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of technical and business disciplines within industry.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions.
- Good presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the ONR SAPs and TAGs would be an advantage
There is the potential that for the right candidate, this role will be extended on a 6-month rolling contract basis after the initial 3 months.
If you are interested in finding out more you can call Samantha on 02393 910026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's