|Job Title:||Supply Chain Lead|
|Contact Name:||Saleh Sattar|
|Job Published:||January 10, 2019|
Supply Chain Lead
6+ Month contract
£ Neg P/H
We are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Lead to work with a successful defence contractor currently undertaking repair and upkeep activities around marine vessels at Portsmouth Dockyards. You will be part of and act within the Supply Chain Management function.
Reporting in to the Supply Chain Management function you will be responsible for:
- Prepare, manage and support project deliverables with a view to using these to select suppliers
- Act as a point of contact with suppliers and other customers
- Support the negotiation and management of commercial and schedule elements of contracts
- Use previous experience to identify and implement business process improvements resulting in cost savings
- Identify risks in process and implement plans to mitigate risk accordingly
- Use SAP to source, negotiate and manage the procurement of materials related to projects
To be considered for the role candidates must:
- Proven experience of work within a Supply Chain or Procurement delivery focused role
- Have demonstrably strong IT skills in the use of SAP and Microsoft Excel
- Have demonstrable experience around self management and the use of own initiative to problem solve without escalation
- Preferably have experience in the Marine environment or come from a heavy mechanical process environment
The role presents a fantastic opportunity to work with a renowned company operating within the defence, aerospace and security area.
To fnd out more please call Saleh on 02392 288209 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.