|Job Title:||Structural Designer|
|Location:||East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||May 3, 2019|
East Kilbride, Scotland
We are currently recruiting for a Structural Designer to join a leading provider of Water Treatment solutions and their established team working within the Oil and Gas industry. Working as the Structural Designer, you will be working with one of their sub-sectors within the business who specialise in Sulphate Removal Units and Produced Water Treatment systems. Working in this role, you will be responsible for the structural design and drawing of various offshore projects working within Angola and Brazil, working on projects from tender to construction.
Working as the Structural Designer , you will be responsible for:
- The structural design and drawing of specialist off-shore water treatment systems throughout project life cycle from tender to construction.
- 2D and 3D design according to national and international standards and client specifications.
- Participate in internal and external model reviews.
- Produce preliminary structural layouts for tenders brought in by the team.
- Develop 3D structural designs from engineers' calculations and computer output.
- Produce 2D structural drawings and engineering data from 3D models
- Provide on-site technical support at client sites as required.
This role is working on off-shore water projects and will require a flexible attitude to work, and the willingness to travel overseas when required.
To be considered for this position, you will have the following experience…
- Technical / Engineering qualification or qualified by experience.
- Engineering design experience, Petrochem or Oil & Gas industry experience.
- Proficient understanding of structural specifications and industry codes.
- Steelwork fabrication knowledge is desirable.
- Experience in structural design within 3D CAD environment and proficient in AutoCAD
- Experience using AVEVA structural package (PDMS, E3D)
What's on offer
- Competitive Salary + Package
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme.
How to apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.