Stores Person - New Energy from Waste Power Station
|Job Title:||Stores Person - New Energy from Waste Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Arjun Patel|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2018 14:22|
Stores Person / Stock Controller - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Stores Person to join the new Javelin Park Energy from Waste plant.
The Storekeeper will be responsible for the control of stores, stock items, computerised stock control system as well as the purchasing of goods and services as directed by Maintenance and Operations Teams.
The Javelin Park EFW plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes. This plant will also cut carbon emission by 40,000 tonnes and save local taxpayers £150million
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as the Stores Person, you will be responsible for:
- Initially setting the stores up onsite and in the plants Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Work with the Engineers and Technicians to QA incoming spares and assign spares to their correct locations.
- Manage and control stock items, consumable and non-stock items and CMMS stock
- Ensure accurate stock records are maintained, minimum stock levels achieved and availability of spares for planned and unplanned outages
- Perform regular stock checks as required by the Maintenance Manager
- Purchasing goods and services
- Reordering of stock items
- Receipt of all deliveries to site.
- Use of mobile plants to assist with delivers
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Previous experience in a storekeeper / stock control / stores related position, preferably in a heavy engineering or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of standard procurement processes and best practice
- Experience with a computerised maintenance management system is desirable
- A flexible approach to working and strong teamwork ethic
- Mobile plant / fork lift truck experience is desirable but not essential
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive starting salary
- Benefits package
- Opportunities to develop and cross skill to other disciplines within the business
- A chance to join the UK's newest Energy from Waste facilities
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 282 and speak to Arjun Patel who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Maintenance Manager - New Energy from Waste
Bonus & Benefits
Stock Controller - New Power Station
Electrical Engineer - Energy from Waste
Plant Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
car bonus pension
Maintenance Manager - Energy from Waste
Dudley, West Midlands
Bonus & Benefits