|Job Title:||Stores & Purchasing Specialist - CCGT Power Station|
|Location:||Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2019|
Stores & Purchasing Specialist - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for Stores & Purchasing Specialist join the team of a state of the art CCGT Power Station in South Wales. This station has a generating capacity of 525MW comprising of a Gas Turbine, Heat Recovery Steam Generator and Steam Turbine.
Within this role, you'll be responsible for managing the sites stores inventory, ensuring relevant parts are procured in a timely manner and documented through the sites CMMS.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Stores & Purchasing Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Maintain an adequate supply of consumables and stock
- Update and monitor the database relating to stock levels, taking regular stock takes to ensure availability
- Supervise storage and carry out inventory counts
- Liaise with procurement to ensure purchases are carried out
- Update and utilise the site CMMS
- Use of mobile plants to assist with deliveries
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Previous experience in a stock control / stores related position, preferably in an engineering environment, this could be Power Stations, Steel Works, Petrochemical plants or Refineries
- Commercial awareness as you'll be responsible for covering the Commercial Assistant position on sickness & holidays
- IT literate for the purpose of ordering spares etc
- Experience with a computerised maintenance management system is desirable, ideally Engica
- A flexible approach to working and strong teamwork ethic
- FLT & Telehandler license desirable
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A starting salary of around £27,000
- Benefits package
- A chance to join a leading CCGT Power Station
If you'd like to be considered for this role, please get in contact with Dan Grosvenor. You can email your application (CV & Cover Letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call in on 02392 288 286 to discuss further.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.