|Salary:||£10 - £15 per hour + Depending if Ltd or Umbrella|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Appleby|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2019 09:38|
Storekeeper - Power
£10 - £15 per hour
1 Month Contract
We are currently recruiting an experienced Storekeeper to join the Maintenance Department of a large Energy from Waste Power Station in North London. The Storekeeper will be responsible for the operations of the stores, stocking items, operating the computerised stock control system as well as the purchasing of goods in the absence of the Buyer as directed by the Stores Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Interim Stores Manager and Senior Storekeeper, as a Storekeeper, you will be responsible for:
- Keeping the operation of the stores efficient.
- Stock checking stores items when issued and investigating discrepancies.
- Identifying current spares from Database and continuously improve the accuracy and relevance of the data e.g. descriptions, stock levels, etc.
- Maintaining accurate and timely stock records.
- Assisting in perpetual inventory and/or annual stock checks.
- Resolving buying queries.
- Order progressing.
- Placing purchase orders for e-requisitioned items.
- Creating a Suggested Purchase Order Report (SPOC) when stock falls below minimum levels.
- Expediting of deliveries
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Experience within a similar industry such as; Waste, Power or similar.
- Experience in stock control and operation of stores receipt and issue methods.
- Experience of stock control/rotation
- Qualified Forklift driver.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Initial role is a temporary basis for 4-6 weeks.
- Potential for a permanent role depending on circumstance.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 208 and ask to speak to Ashley who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.