|Job Title:||Software Engineering Manager|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||May 30, 2019|
Software Engineering Manager
London - SE1
I'm looking to speak to an experienced software engineering lead with a comprehensive full project life cycle delivery background, ideally to include embedded software with exposure to manufacturing process. Strong commercial acumen for new business development activity will be key for the successful individual.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN UK SC LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE - APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FULFILL THIS CRITERIA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
This role will require you to take responsibility for managing the delivery of software engineering and testing services for a bespoke R&D function within a well-established electronics manufacturing business serving a variety of highly regulated sectors globally.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability and past achievements in project leadership, from concept to delivery, in a variety of the following areas:
- Product requirements specification, in terms of cost, design and timescale, through close contact with existing and future clients.
- Proposal / Tender creation for new business opportunities.
- Liaising with the supply chain, hardware, and manufacturing engineering teams to introduce and integrate new technology where appropriate.
- Creation and execution of detailed work and overall project plans, to include resource, cost and schedule considerations.
- Quality management responsibility to industry and client regulatory standards for all software and test deliverables
- Procurement of relevant capital and services where required to achieve project success
With proven ability in a software project management capacity you will be a strong leader of multi discipline teams. An innovative and dynamic approach gained through experience in an R&D setting will be matched by a confident and engaging client facing manner and extensive commercial acumen.
A focus on embedded software development and a solid understanding of production / manufacturing lifecycles relating to NPI would be a clear advantage.
You will already hold:
- Degree or equivalent experience in relevant engineering discipline
- Existing SC clearance, or be eligible to obtain same as a minimum requirement
What's on offer
The opportunity to take a leading role for an inclusive and dynamic team within an established industry leading employer - you will be joining this business at an exciting period of growth and be involved with varied and exciting projects in a high technology sector.
A solid starting salary and flexible working arrangements alongside excellent development prospects will reward someone that is keen to build their career in this role.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.