|Job Title:||Software Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sara Nash|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2019|
FTC (12 Months)
£40,000 Per annum
Candidates must hold SC Clearance or be eligable to be put through it by the buiness
My client are a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes.
Because of their forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world's most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all they do. In addition to the Group head office made up of support roles they also have two core business streams which are:
- Technology & Engineering. Design, deliver and support high-integrity systems from our facilities in Portsmouth, Manchester and Melksham. Engineering teams apply advanced techniques to produce solutions for our customers which can be relied upon for long service life, in difficult or dangerous environments. These include: atmosphere control systems for nuclear submarines and thermal management systems for chemical processing and energy
- Consulting and Programme Services (CaPS). Provide through life services to enable our clients to manage the evolution of their own systems and services, in their own domain. Leveraging our long heritage of experience of designing, delivering and supporting safety, mission and business critical systems, we provide individuals with domain leading knowledge, skills and experience who can work within client teams or take full responsibility for the delivery of outcomes.
You will create, maintain, audit and improve systems to meet particular needs. Testing software systems to diagnose and resolve system faults.
Responsibilities will include:
- Documenting Software code, inclusion of function characteristics
- Writing and testing Ladder Logic programs for operating systems and software to ensure
- Developing existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification
- Taking part and leading software reviews
- Identify technical risks to the Project Manager and work on the appropriate strategies for risk
- Provide technical support for the Project Manager in customer communications.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that activities undertaken align with the customer requirements and project
- From time to time create project plans for agreed scopes of work
- Carrying out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
- Working and/or visiting various sites, as required, for short periods, which may involve absence from
- Maintaining a continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
- Degree or equivalent in Software Or Electrical Electronic
- Experience of writing ladder logic (3 Years Plus)
- Experience of Schneider or Siemens and associated PLC's (M580) (3 Years Plus)
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Experience of working on
- Excellent attention to
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience of working within a military / defence
- The ability to work both in a team and alone and to manage your own workload.
- Career motivation and a willingness to continue to further your knowledge and skills
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly
If you are interested in applying for this role please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.