|Job Title:||Software Engineer|
|Salary:||£400 - £490 per day|
|Contact Name:||Paul Martin|
|Job Published:||October 30, 2018|
Tech we use
- Source control: Git, Mercurial
- Build tools: Maven, Gradle.
What we'd like you to do
- Design and build systems that operate across the warehouse, at all levels.
- Extend and improve our tests and test environments
- Solve production incidents to make sure the warehouse keeps operating, and make changes so problems don't reoccur
- Work with stakeholders to ensure our solutions meet their requirements, and to help plan large projects
- Investigate new technologies and demonstrate them to the team so we can stay ahead of the curve.
We'd like to hear from you if you have
- Strong programming skills with an in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience and/or interest in writing scalable, robust code for real-time, multi-threaded, highly available production applications
- Understanding of relational databases
- 1st/2.1 Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a good numerate degree.
We'd also be keen to see
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Experience with Docker or other container technology
- Background in the full Software Development life-cycle from design to deployment
- Interest in working in a continuous delivery environment
- Understanding of the challenges of supporting a live production system.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.