Site / Plant Manager - CHP plant
|Job Title:||Site / Plant Manager - CHP plant|
|Salary:||£42000 - £46000 per annum + car, bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2018 17:31|
Site / Plant Manager - Combined Heat & Power plant
£46,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Site Manager / Plant Manager to join a CHP plant in the Grimsby area. This plant supplies heat and power to a nearby chemical manufacturing site and utilises 2 gas turbines and 1 steam turbine to generate around 10MW of energy. The Site Manager will be responsible for managing 18 staff as well as the overall environmental performance, safety and continuous improvement of all plant equipment.
Duties of the Site Manager will involve:
- The day to day management of site staff ensuring all operations and maintenance activity is carried out to the highest level and in line with company procedures and processes
- The management of HSE and quality systems and policies
- Managing and monitoring the overall safety and environmental performance of the plant
- Producing monthly reports of site utilities and reporting on site KPIs
- Liaising with all stakeholders involved including Contract Managers and the sites customer
- Supervision of maintenance agreements/contracts
- Assisting the Contract Manager for budgetary control and reporting on plant emissions / environmental issues
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this Site Manager position you must have:
- A relevant technical engineering qualification such as an HND / HNC / ONC in an engineering discipline (mechanical or electrical)
- At least 4 years of experience in operations or maintenance at a supervisory or management level in a heavy process environment (power station, energy from waste, biomass, utilities plant) - ideally steam raising.
- Strong IT skills as well as experience working with CMMS (ideally SAP)
- Working knowledge of environmental permits, current H&S issues and safe working systems
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Strong organisation, planning and time management skills
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this role as follows:
- A salary of £46,000
- A company car / car allowance
- A performance related bonus
- Company pension
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Plant Operations Technician - CHP
Pension + Benefits
General Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
car, bonus, pension
Lead C&I Technician - CHP
Shift Electrical Engineer - CHP
West End, London
Mobile Service Engineer - CHP
£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Van, Mobile, Laptop