|Job Title:||Site Manager|
|Start Date:||March 2018|
|Contact Name:||Brett Caswell|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2017 10:02|
Role/Job Title: Site Manager
The Site Managers primary role is to manage the Health and Safety on site with regard to the Senvion contractors and Senvion's scope of works. This will include managing Senvion's Safety Management System. On some projects Senvion will be the Principal Contractor and the Site Manager will be required to manage Senvion's responsibilities on the site accordingly.
In addition the Site Manager is there to be the eyes and ears of the Project Manager on day to day issues. The Site Manager will need to take responsibility for managing any issues that arise on site in the first instance and requesting support as appropriate.
The Site Manager role is based on site at one of 2 projects in Scotland.
Manage Health and Safety on Site:
- Ensure that Senvion sites are managed with a Safety First approach.
- Be responsible for running the Senvion site in accordance with the Senvion Safety Management System and the project specific Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan.
- Ensure that all Senvion sub-contractor are inducted on site, have appropriate Risk Assessments and Method Statements for their work and that they work in accordance with them. Review RAMS and ensure that they are formally accepted as sufficient prior to work commencing. o Ensure that contractors are supervised appropriately.
- When required manage Senvion's responsibilities as the Principal Contractor.
- Familiarity with the CDM regulations is a requirement.
- Carry out regular audits of the site as a route to managing Senvion's performance and that of their sub-contractors.
- Report Accident, Incidents, Near Misses, and Hazard Observations on the Senvion H&S online system (Alcumus). Assist with their investigation and assist with implementing any resulting actions.
Client interface and other management duties:
- Establish and develop an effective business relationship with the Client's site representatives and be capable of acting as a day to day site interface between them and Senvion.
- Establish and develop effective business relationships with all subcontractors and facilitate the interface between different subcontractors.
- Coordinate all non-installation related day to day activities on site. This will require a close and communicative relationship with the Installation Manager, Logistics Manager and the Project Manager.
- Drive the smooth running of Senvion operations by taking ownership of situations as they occur on site and working to find a solution. If necessary the Site Manager should request support as appropriate from the Project Manager, Installation Manager or Logistics Manager.
- Provide support to the Project Manager and act as their eyes and ears for the status of activities on site.
- Organise and facilitate the hiring of security and any additional plant required on site.
- When Senvion are Principal Contractor then organise and facilitate the hiring of portacabins for office and welfare facilities.
- Ensure welfare and office arrangements provided to us are in accordance with contract.
Supporting and working as a team with the Installation Manager to check calibration of tools/earthling, ensuring correct PPE worn, being involved with logistics, ensure the right components are ordered for the build and to help identify potential delays:
- Provide day to day support to the Installation Manager, where necessary. o Accept any miscellaneous materials being delivered to site.
- Provide support in co-ordinating delivery of WTG components to site and assisting in traffic management of deliveries on site.
The Senvion Site Manager has a critical impact on the successful delivery of each project in which they are involved. They will play a key role in the day to day activities on site through focussing on Health and Safety and by facilitating good communication between Senvion's people and sub-contractor's on site.
The Site Manager will be required to develop good relationships with clients, subcontractors and Project Managers in order to maximise the opportunities for good results. Significant challenges will be posed by extended periods based on site and by working to challenging programs in difficult conditions.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience required
Ideally proposed Site Managers will be educated to HND level or equivalent in a relevant technical field however, proposed Site Managers will be assessed on their individual merits and due accreditation may be given to proven experience in place of qualifications. The Site Manager will have robust industry experience including site management and an indepth knowledge of CDM and HSE regulations. Technical hands-on expertise will be accompanied by previous supervisory experience and NEBOSH Construction certificate, or equivalent, accreditation.
Experience of wind turbine installation would is required.
The Site Manager should show a fair level of physical fitness and be able to comply with all requirements for working on-site.
Good PC literacy is an essential required with regards Word and Excel; user knowledge of MS Project would be advantageous.
Full UK driving licence is essential.
The Site Manager must hold as a minimum the following qualifications
- First Aid at Work - Three day course
- Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- CSCS - Manager
- NEBOSH Construction cert
- Working at Height training course (desirable)
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits
£40000 - £45000.00 per annum + bonus car allowance
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
£25000 - £30000 per annum + bonus
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000 - £45000.00 per annum + bonus car allowance