Site Engineer - Water - South
|Job Title:||Site Engineer - Water - South|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £34000.00 per annum + Car and pension|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||October 21, 2016 17:00|
Site Engineer- Water - South
Our client is working as a JV partner to deliver works for one of the major Water Companies down here in the South. Due to an influx of work coming through on the AMP6 framework they are now recruiting for several Site Managers across sites on the South Coast.
The Site Engineers will be responsible for overall contracts setting out and site management functions allocated by the Site Manager during site occupancy. Ensuring site safety is maintained in line with our clients standards. Maintaining and maximising quality of service and profitability
- Assist the Site Manager in the initial site set-up, actively installing the clients systems and procedures
- Rigorously apply effective planning techniques, method analysis and controls to ensure the most effective and continuous use of resources
- Ensure method statements and risk assessments are appropriate for work being carried out
- Responsible for developing the construction element within the PEP.
- Assist the Site Manager and Commercial Department by compiling data to record resources utilised on each activity
- Participate in the implementation of strict financial controls on the payment of subcontractors, suppliers and operatives
- Co-ordinate site setting out to satisfy contract programme requirements, delegating or carrying out setting out as necessary
- Ensure the client's procedures are adopted in carrying out setting out operations
- Ensure that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors
- Ensure accurate record/sketches of setting out are kept.
- Check all subcontractors setting out.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Civil Engineering background, preferably with a contractor in the Water Industry
- Proven site construction experience
- HNC (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering (essential)
- Degree or HND in Civil Engineering or Building required (preferable)
Our client can offer an opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Site Engineer
Electrical Maintenance Technician - Water
£29000 - £32500 per annum + Overtime, Call Out, Van
Mechanical Site Supervisor
£28000 - £33000 per annum
Mechanical Site Supervisor
Senior Electrical Engineer
£46250.00 - £47250 per annum + Car, Pension