Site Chemist - Hazardous Waste - West Midlands - £25k to £26k
|Job Title:||Site Chemist - Hazardous Waste - West Midlands - £25k to £26k|
|Location:||West Bromwich, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £26000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2018 11:11|
Site Chemist - Waste Management
Salary up to £26,000 DoE + Benefits
Location - West Bromwich, Birmingham
We are currently seeking a qualified Site Chemist to work with one of the UK's leading waste management service providers who focus on the disposal and collection of all waste. This is a great opportunity to develop your current skill set within reputable waste management organisation.
General responsibilities as a Site Chemist include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring wastes are sorted in compliance with HSG71
- Making sure all paperwork and records are completed accurately in a timely manner
- Providing detailed records of sites throughput
- Ensuring the operation of a hazardous waste transfer station is able to receive and dispatch loads making sure environmental compliance is abided to
- Providing technical assistance for clients and colleagues
- Ensuring maximum profitability
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in all areas
- Assisting the Transfer Station Manager
- Other duties as required
The ideal applicant will have:
- HNC equivalent or higher qualification in Chemistry or similar
- A driving licence
- Prior experience in an industrial lab environment/waste management industry
- An FLT licence, advantageous
- IT literate with Microsoft software such as Word, Excel etc.
- Organisational skills along with being able to communicate clearly and resolve issues when required
This role may require you to work outdoors in all weather conditions. It is located in the West Bromwich area just outside Birmingham and you will be reporting to the Senior Chemist. This position is offering a salary of between £25k to £26k depending on experience plus company benefits. Chemistry graduates will also be considered. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your existing skills in the waste management sector.
If you are interested in applying for this role or know anyone who would be, please email an up to date CV to email@example.com or call Chris Jones for more information on 02392 288214.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's