|Job Title:||Site Chemist|
|Salary:||£22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||September 29, 2019 23:17|
Up to £25,000
We are currently recruiting for a Site Chemist to join one of the industry leaders in hazardous and clinical waste management solutions across the UK. Working as a Site Chemist, you will be responsible for taking and analysing hazardous waste samples on-site to ensure safe and compliant waste is processed at all times.
Reporting to the Production Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Assist with the hands-on operation of the hazardous waste site, ensuring materials coming onto and off site are consistently safe and compliant to site permits and environmental regulations.
- Analyse, test and verify a wide variety of hazardous waste materials in the lab.
- Assist with compiling lists of wastes to be transferred off site to third party disposal points. Liaising with other staff to ensure correct routing of wastes
- Assist with non- conformance procedures and sample processing for incoming waste streams.
- Assist with the daily/weekly plan for operational areas and laboratory.
- Ensure house-keeping requirements and continuous improvement programmes are supported both directly and through the plant team.
- Undertake area administration activity including Chemist Check sheets, process sheets, stock sheets, production records, etc.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have an appropriate chemistry qualification to degree level as well as experience handling a diverse range of chemical compounds including understanding of inter-reactions.
This role would suit someone looking to further their chemistry career and experience within the waste industry would be beneficial.
What's on Offer
- Up to £25,000
- Opportunity to progress career in the Chemical and Waste Management industries.
- Full training and support
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
£25000 - £30000 per annum
Health and Safety Advisor
Up to £55000.00 per annum
Up to £15.00 per annum