|Job Title:||Site Chemist|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||July 27, 2017 11:31|
JOB TITLE Site Chemist
LOCATION Fawley, Southampton
SALARY Competitive salary & great benefits package
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually. With their efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste they manage they are currently able to recycle 60% of that waste.
They are looking to recruit a Site Chemist to join their team in Fawley near Southampton.
As the Site Chemist, your role will be to carry out inspection, analysis and routing for incoming wastes and to assist the Waste Transfer Station (WTS) Manager in the safe, compliant and efficient operation and development of the Waste Transfer Station.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Arrange and prepare waste for outgoing loads ensuring all loads meet all required legislation.
- To maintain the highest standards of housekeeping across the Fawley WTS.
- To ensure stock is managed and stored in accordance with legislation, guidance and local procedures at all sites.
- To liaise with customer service and technical assessment departments to resolve issues such as non-conformance.
- To ensure that the most appropriate disposal route is used for maximum profitability.
- To assist the site management team in ensuring compliance with the Company's Health and Safety and business systems policies.
- To ensure relevant records are maintained and adherence to systems and procedures.
- To provide cover for waste transfer station manager during periods of annual leave, sickness or as required by business needs.
- Any other reasonable duty as requested by the waste transfer station manager.
Other Essential Skills:
- Previous experience in hazardous waste
- Ability to liaise with all areas of the business
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required. SAP is a desirable skill but training will be provided if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Problem solving and decisiveness
- Results focus
- A transfer station background would be a distinct advantage
- SAP - training will be provided if required.
- FLT license
- Good knowledge of the available treatment options across the site and the ability to route waste to different outlets
- Good understanding of IPPC and the ability to interpret and meet all the legislative requirements of the site permit
Competitive salary plus great benefits package including discretionary bonus, pension, death in service scheme.
If you would like apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 92 222 964 and speak to Don.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's