|Job Title:||Site Agent|
|Salary:||£200 - £250 per day|
|Contact Name:||Marcus Beadon|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2019 10:20|
Heavy Civils Site Agent
Contract - 12 Months
£200 to £250 per day
My client is seeking a freelance Site Agent with excellent heavy civils experience for a long-term contract in the Kent area, with an immediate start.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Site Agent will be responsible for the management of the construction site to achieve required project delivery to the customers' objectives, while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control.
They will deliver multiple work sites at once, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance. The post-holder will work closely with the Estimating department, engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner.
- Ensure the commercial performance of the works are maximised
- Assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of Manhole, Open Cut Excavation and general civils packages
- Deliver the work safely and without environmental incidents
- Deliver the work to the specified quality without defects
- Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, RAMS, ITP's and waste management plans, in line with Company procedures
- Produce and manage the project programme and produce 2 and 3 week lookahead programmes
- Produce procurement schedules and liaise with the procurement department to ensure sites have adequate resources to complete the tasks - take off quantities from a drawing, contact suppliers for quotes and lead in time, arrange works from planning to delivery.
- Deliver end product to customer satisfaction minimising residential complaints
- Cost control
- Ensure detailed site diaries/records are completed
- Endeavour to spot and highlight value engineering opportunities
- Produce good quality, accurate monthly reports for the Client and internally
- Chair weekly site meetings for Civils Works
- Ensure monthly and weekly planning, procurement, delivery, installation timescales are met
- Considerable experience in Civil Engineering
- Working knowledge of NEC contract conditions, CDM regulations, Design Management, Programme and Risk Management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting
- Good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to general civil engineering and in relation to heavy civils works, Manhole installation, drainage works etc.
- Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- CSCS card
- IOSH Managing Safely or SMSTS
- Ability to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion
- Ability to demonstrate the right behaviours and lead the team to ensure the culture is in line with our Company values
- Ability to demonstrate the right behaviours and motivate and lead the team in line with the company culture, ensuring high standards of compliance
For further information and to apply to this role please contact Marcus on 02393 910 037 or email your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's