Shift Team Leader X5
|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader X5|
|Location:||South Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2016 17:02|
Shift Team Leader x5 -New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Levenseat - Scotland
About the client…
Our client is a Global Business, providing leading technologies in the Minerals, Metals, Energy and Water industries across the world. Committed to sustainability, they are looking for people to join them who share the same values as they do. Focused on creating leading technologies, they aspire for excellence and building success together and for their customers.
With over 100 years in operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Business as they expand into the UK market as they have been awarded four contracts in the United Kingdom for Operations & Maintenance of Energy from Waste Plants and are delivering seven plants in total and there are more to follow.
We're currently recruiting five Shift Team Leader's to join the Operations Department of a state of the art Energy from Waste Power Station in Levenseat, Scotland. This plant is a UK first in combining a Fluidised Bed and Gasification Technology with Refuse Derived Fuel to produce approximately 12MW of Power for 18,000 homes.
As Shift Team Leader, reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of Plant Operators who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations.
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Package and benefits...
- A competitive starting salary with room for progression
- A performance related bonus
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
This is an exciting time to get involved with a leader in the Renewable Energies Sector and be directly involved in the start-up of a new Gasification Energy from Waste Power Station.
If you are interested in this role, please contact either Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton on 02392 221 600 or send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader
Lancing, West Sussex
Up to £33000.00 per annum + Benefits
Shift Team Leader (EfW)
£40000 - £45000 per annum + pension
Shift Team Leader - Renewable Energy
£35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits
Senior Shift Operations Technician Power Generation
Worthing, West Sussex
Up to £33000 per annum + bonus
Multi-skilled Shift Engineer - Heat and Power
£30864 - £37157 per annum + benefits