|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader - Power Station|
|Location:||East Sussex, England|
|Salary:||£50000 - £51000 per annum + 15% bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2019|
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
Circa £51,000 + 15% bonus + benefits
East Sussex area
We are currently recruiting a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Department of an Energy from Waste power station in the East Sussex area. The Shift Team Leader will be required to supervise and provide direction to the Shift Operators and day operations staff ensuring the day to day operation of the plant is carried out efficiently and as safe as possible. You will form part of a shift pattern that covers days, nights, weekends and public holidays.
The Shift Team Leader will report in directly to the Operations Manager and be responsible for:
- The day to day management of Shift Operators who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a high-pressure boiler, generator and auxiliary plant.
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Maximising waste input and energy production
- Chairing daily meetings after a shift handover to review health, safety & environmental issues, overnight activities and plans for the shift ahead.
- Acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out mechanical and electrical isolations.
- Working with the maintenance department when required in order to ensure maximum plant availability.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position we are looking for candidates with:
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered (CPO level)
- An HNC/ ONC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- A NEBOSH or IOSH qualification would be desirable
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Package and Benefits...
- A starting salary of circa £51,000
- 15% bonus opportunity
- Company pension
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 and speak with Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.