Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim|
|Salary:||£39000 - £47400.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Becki Saunders|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2019 14:38|
Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Belfast, Northern Ireland
£39,000 + Shift Allowance + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located near Belfast Airport, this is a great opportunity for someone with Power Generation & Supervisory experience.
This plant utilises Gasification / Advanced Thermal Treatment Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate ~15MW which is enough to power around 14,500 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 180,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, as Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for day to day management of the Operation Technicians and the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as an Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 11kv).
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
This role is working 4 on 4 off with a 9 week rotation, including 2 weeks of cover shifts
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following knowledge, skills & experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Senior Authorised Persons Status
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £39,000
- Shift Allowance
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste power station
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more please contact Dan Grosvenor or Becki Saunders on 02392 288 214 or email a CV & Cover Letter to BSaunders@Astutetechnical.co.uk.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader - Brand new Energy from Waste Power Plant
Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £45000.00 per annum + benefits
Compliance Engineer - Energy from Waste
£45000 - £55000 per annum
E&I Engineering Manager - Energy from Waste
North London, London
Up to £60000.00 per annum + Bonus & Benefits
Operations & Maintenance Assistant - Energy from Waste
Carluke, South Lanarkshire
Assistant Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
£35000 - £37000.00 per annum + Benefits