Shift Team Leader - New Build Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader - New Build Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2017 10:19|
Shift Team Leader x5 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Hull, East Yorkshire
About the client…
Our client is a Global Business, providing leading technologies in the Minerals, Metals, Energy and Water industries across the world. Committed to sustainability, they are looking for people to join them who share the same values as they do. Focused on creating leading technologies, they aspire for excellence and building success together and for their customers.
With over 100 years in operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Business as they expand into the UK market as they have been awarded numerous contracts in the United Kingdom for Operations & Maintenance of Energy from Waste Plants and have plans for more as a Technology provider.
We're currently recruiting five Shift Team Leader's to join the Operations Department of a state of the art Energy from Waste Power Station in Hull, East Yorkshire. This plant is part of a 3-plant development project across the UK designed to supply ~10MW of energy, using Gasification Technology/Advanced Thermal Treatment.
Role & Responsibilities
As Shift Team Leader, reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of Shift Operators who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations.
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Package and benefits
What's on offer for you:
- A competitive starting salary with room for progression
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
- An opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste site
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 282 and speak to Arjun Patel or Lewis Walsh who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader x 5 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
East Sussex, England
Up to £49000 per annum + 15% bonus, pension
O&M Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Shift + Bonus
Assistant Shift Team Leader - New Power Station
£42000 - £47000 per annum + bonus, pension
Civil Planning Engineer - Energy from Waste
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum