Shift Team Leader - New Build Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader - New Build Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2018 14:14|
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste
c.£50,000 + Benefits + Package
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on with a market leader in the Environmental, Waste and Energy Recovery industries. Their newest Energy from Waste site in East Scotland can process up to 195,000 tonnes of waste per year.
With four plants already in Operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Company as they expand their Energy Recovery Operations in the United Kingdom.
We are looking for a Shift Manager to join the team on site, managing the day to day activities of the shift team and ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Energy from Waste plant.
Role & Responsibilities
Your duties as a Shift Team Leader will include:
- Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for day to day management of the Operations Team and the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Deputising as Operations Manager to ensure critical decisions are made in a safe and professional manner
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as an Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 33kv)
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties, this includes reviews and personal l Development Plans
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station with Supervisory experience. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch-keeping experience will also be considered (Petty Officers/Chief Petty Officers/Warrant Officers)
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- Senior Authorised Persons Status or experience with High Voltage equipment would be an added bonus
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Salary & Benefits
What's on offer for you:
- Competitive salary
- Performance related Bonus
- Benefits Package
- An opportunity to join one of the newest Energy from Waste sites in the UK
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more, please contact Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or email a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste
£45000 - £50400 per annum + Benefits
Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
DOE - Bonus + Benefits
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits