Shift Team Leader - New Build Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader - New Build Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim|
|Salary:||£40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||November 09, 2017 16:39|
Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Up to £40,000 + Shift Allowance + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Belfast.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate ~15MW which is enough to power around 14,500 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 180,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, as Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for day to day management of the Operation Technicians and the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as an Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 11kv).
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- This role will involve a mixture of Monday to Friday Day Work and also Shift Work
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following knowledge, skills & experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Senior Authorised Persons Status
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £40,000
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste power station
If you are interested in this position, please call Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or send an email with a Cover Letter and an up to date version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader (EfW)
£40000 - £45000 per annum + pension
Shift Mechanical Technician
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000.00 - £43000.00 per annum + pension