Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station|
|Salary:||£50000 - £54000 per annum + 20% bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||September 15, 2017 17:17|
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste
Circa £50,000 - £54,000 + 20% bonus and benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Team Leader to join the operations department of a well-established energy from waste power station in the Slough area. The Shift Team Leader will be required to supervise and provide direction to the Shift Operations Technicians and Fuel Operators ensuring the day to day operation of the plant is carried out efficiently and as safe as possible.
The Shift Team Leader will report in directly to the Operations Manager and be responsible for:
- The day to day management of Shift Operations Technicians who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant via the DCS
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Chairing daily meetings after a shift handover to review health, safety & environmental issues, overnight activities and plans for the shift ahead
- Acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out mechanical and electrical isolations
- Working with the maintenance department when required in order to ensure maximum plant availability
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position we are looking for candidates with:
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered
- An ONC/ HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- A NEBOSH or IOSH qualification
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Package and Benefits...
- A starting salary circa £50,000 rising to £54,000 after completion of probation
- 20% bonus opportunity
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 and speak with Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Manager - Energy from Waste
Shift Operations Technician - New Energy from Waste Plant
£32000 - £38400.00 per annum
Shift Plant Operator - EFW Power Station
Up to £40000 per annum + 10% bonus + pension
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
£50000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, pension
Electrical Technician - Energy From Waste
£35000.00 - £39600 per annum + Bonus + Benefits