Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Up to £47000.00 per annum + bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2018 12:19|
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
£47,000 + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations department of a state of the art Energy from Waste power station in the Shropshire area. Leading a team of Plant Operators, the Shift Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring the station hits its production targets in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Shift Team Leader will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of Plant Operators who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations.
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this Shift Team Leader position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Team Leader vacancy as follows:
- A salary of £47,000 inclusive of shift allowance
- A performance related bonus
- Company pension
Please note this role involves working 12-hour shifts covering days, nights, weekends and public holidays
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
DOE - Bonus + Benefits
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
DCS Engineer - Energy from Waste
Car + Benefits