Shift Team Leader - Energy From Waste
|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader - Energy From Waste|
|Salary:||£47000 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Olivia Naylor|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2017 12:06|
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste
£47,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on behalf of our client who are one of the world's largest leaders in the Environmental, Waste and Energy Recovery industries to recruit a Shift Team Leader.
Their Energy from Waste site in Lincolnshire has a capacity to process 150,000 tonnes of waste per year, generating 11MW of power for the surround area. With four plants in Operations and a fifth under construction, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Company as they expand their Energy Recovery operations in the United Kingdom.
- The Shift Team Leader is an integral part of the Shift Operations Team, being part of the management structure, deputising as Operations Manager when required and taking part in employee development, operational decisions and issuing permits.
- The Shift Team Leader provides front line operational leadership and management at the Energy from Waste facility.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the safe, compliant and efficient operation of the Power Station.
Your duties as a Shift Team Leader will include:
- Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for day to day management of the Operations Team and the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Deputising as Operations Manager whilst on Shift to ensure critical decisions are made in a safe and professional manner
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as an Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 33kv)
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties, this includes reviews and personal l Development Plans
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station with Supervisory experience. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch-keeping experience will also be considered (Petty Officers/Chief Petty Officers)
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- Senior Authorised Persons Status or experience with High Voltage equipment
- Excellent proven leadership skills.
What's on offer for you:
- Competitive salary of £47,000
- Performance related Bonus
- Company Pension
How to apply
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenge in the Energy from Waste Industry.If you are interested in this role, please forward on a copy of your CV to the email below or call the office and ask for Olivia Naylor.
T: 02392 288 208
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
East Sussex, England
Up to £49000 per annum + 15% bonus, pension
Shift Team Leader x 5 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Civil Planning Engineer - Energy from Waste
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Civils Contracts Manager - Energy from Waste
Up to £74000.00 per annum
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste