|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader - CCGT Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||October 25, 2018|
Shift Team Leader - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute are working with an international client who have several Power Generating assets across the United Kingdom. We are looking for a Shift Team Leader to join the Production Team of this Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station.
As Shift Team Leader you'll be primarily responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant, management of the Shift Team and compliance of the site with the relevant permits.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, as a Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the Power Station is being operated safely and in an efficient manner in line with company policy, legislation and relevant permits.
- Oversee plant optimisation and maintenance activities, reducing impact on operational activity.
- Supervising, training and developing a team of Production Operators / Shift Operation Technicians
- Take part in pre-start checks following maintenance work or an outage
- Act as Senior Authorised Person for 400kV switching and isolation and carry out duties as Emergency Controller, Permit Acceptor and Safety Controller.
- Implement HSE policies and take part in regular forums and HSE initiatives
- Liaise with third party companies such as Fuel Suppliers, the National Grid and environment agency as and when required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- An Engineering background with a minimum HND in an Operations / Maintenance discipline
- At least five years working knowledge in the Operations & Maintenance of a Power Station
- Prior background in a Supervisory role within a Power Production site, this could be CCGT, Coal, Biomass, Energy from Waste, CHP etc
- Senior Authorised Person / HV Status for up to 400kv
- IOSH / NEBOSH or relevant Health & Safety qualification
- Strong working knowledge of steam cycle chemistry
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to join a Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.