Shift Team Leader - Brand New Biomass Power Station
|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader - Brand New Biomass Power Station|
|Location:||Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Up to £45000.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Arjun Patel|
|Job Published:||July 19, 2018 13:35|
Shift Team Leader -Brand New Biomass Power Station
£45,000 + benefits
We are recruiting for a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Department of a brand-new Biomass Power Station near Hull which burns 150,000 tonnes of waste wood per year producing 22MW of power.
What you will be doing…
As Shift Team Leader, reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of Shift Operators who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations.
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Excellent proven leadership skills
What's in it for you…
- A salary up to £45,000
- A company pension
- A chance to join a brand-new power plant
Please note: This is a 12 month fixed term contract with a view to go perm
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 282 to speak to Arjun Patel
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
£40000 - £42500 per annum + Benefits
Shift Operator - New Biomass Power Station
Shift Team Leader - CCGT Power Station
Maintenance Supervisor - Biomass Power Station
£40000 - £42000.00 per annum + Overtime & Benefits
E&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire