Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station|
|Location:||Lanark, South Lanarkshire|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||August 07, 2018 09:08|
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Levenseat - Scotland
About the client…
Our client is a Global Business, providing leading technologies in the Minerals, Metals, Energy and Water industries across the world. Committed to sustainability, they are looking for people to join them who share the same values as they do. Focused on creating leading technologies, they aspire for excellence and building success together and for their customers.
With over 100 years in operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Business as they expand into the UK market as they have been awarded four contracts in the United Kingdom for Operations & Maintenance of Energy from Waste Plants and are delivering seven plants in total and there are more to follow.
We're currently recruiting for a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Department of a state of the art Energy from Waste Power Station in Levenseat, Scotland. This plant is a UK first in combining a Fluidised Bed and Gasification Technology with Refuse Derived Fuel to produce approximately 12MW of Power for 18,000 homes.
As Shift Team Leader, reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of Plant Operators who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations.
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Package and benefits...
- A competitive starting salary with room for progression
- A performance related bonus
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
How to apply...
If you'd like to find out more information then call in on 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor. If you are interested in applying, please forward an up to date CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Technician - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
Overtime + Benefits
Mechanical Technician - Biomass CHP Power Station
£35000 - £40000.00 per annum + overtime + benfits
QA / QC Manager - New Biomass Power Station
Shift Operations Technician - EFW Power Station
£40000 - £41000 per annum + bonus, pension
EC&I Technician - Power Station
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£36000 - £36720.00 per annum + pension, OT