|Job Title:||Shift Plant Operator x 5 - New Energy from Waste Plant|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2018|
Shift Plant Operator x 5 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for 5 Shift Plant Operators to join the new Javelin Park Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire. The Shift Plant Operators will form part of a shift team and be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the power station via the control room as well as ensuring the site is operating in line with the environmental permit.
The Javelin Park EFW plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes. This plant will also cut carbon emission by 40,000 tonnes and save local taxpayers £150million
What will I be doing?
Reporting in to the Shift Team Leader, typical duties of the Shift Plant Operator will include:
- Utilising the Distributed Control System to operate a steam turbine, boiler, generator and auxiliary plant etc.
- Monitoring temperatures, flows, emissions and trends
- Working with the Shift Team Leader to ensure compliance with all aspects of the plant environmental permit, reporting any non-compliance to the STL
- Supervising contractors when carrying out activities on site
- Performing routine plant inspections and walk rounds
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in a safe manner in line with the businesses HSE policies
- Commissioning activities
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- An engineering qualification such as a HNC/ONC/NVQ in an engineering discipline. Qualifications below this level will still be considered if candidates can demonstrate extensive experience
- Previous experience in operations / production role in the power generation sector. This can include energy from waste, biomass, coal, CCGT or CHP etc.
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- A good understanding of health, safety and environmental aspects. An IOSH is preferable but not essential
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning experience is desirable but not essential
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive salary inclusive of shift allowance
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join a brand new EFW facility at the very start
For more details on the package on offer please get in touch.
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton, Dan Grosvenor or Arjun Patel
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.